Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to register my Airvida ?
Official website contains 2 feature: Register your Airvida & Check warranty status.
(If an end user buy an Airvida within 1 year but cannot register his/ her Airvida, please provide his/ her purchasing invoice & serial number to ible. ible will help to complete the registration process.)
Register your Airvida: https://airvida.co/en/register-your-airvida_en/
2. Why it is warned that the negative ion vent (carbon fiber brush) should not be contacted with anything while power on?
The carbon fiber brush is the source of negative ion generation. If this carbon fiber brush is contacted by anything, it will severely affect the efficiency of ion generating.
3. Why do I feel electrocuted when touch the carbon fiber brush while power on? Will that be any risky?
The Airvida runs on high voltage internally, so it is possible to feel electrocuted when contact the carbon fiber brush with hands or skin during operation. It’s not any harmful if happens accidentally, due to its extremely low operational current (4~6μA, 1/1000 to harmful level). Airvida is CE certificated, meets any existing safety standard of an electronic product.
4. Does Airvida need any maintenance and how should I proceed?
Airvida runs on its own without any further supplies. However due to its effectiveness of bringing particles & dust to the ground, there might be particles accumulated onto the carbon fiber brush after time. These accumulation might affect the ion generation, so regular cleaning is suggested. Cleaning can be processed by brush cleaner in the package or using a tooth pick gently follow the brush hair to remove dust.
Please do not clean Airvida during operation; if Airvida has been cleaned by wet swabs, it should be fully dried before next operation.
5. Why give Airvida a fanless design?
We believe that no one should compromise the inevitable low frequency hums from any existing active fan design, that’s why we painstakingly design the unique emitters (carbon fiber brush) to assure that Airvida works flawlessly without an active fan. Airvida retain 2,000,000 ion/cm³ concentration within the coverage of 15cm around the carbon fiber brush.
6. Will ion concentration be affected by wind blow and hence become less effective?
The highest negative ion concentration in natural environment is around 20,000 ion/cm³. Airvida is capable to generate and retain the concentration of 2,000,000 ion/cm³, which is 100 times more than natural environment, to ensure that Airvida could stay effective under daily usage/condition.
7. Does Airvida also generate electromagnetic wave with negative ions?
Airvida proudly passes CE certification, which means Airvida meets every safety standard ranging from electromagnetic radiation, ozone etc.
8. Is Airvida waterproof?
Airvida is not designed water-proof, contact of any liquid should be avoided. If Airvida is accidentally wet, please power off Airvida as soon as possible and wait until Airvida is fully dried before next operation.
9. How often should I clean Airvida?
Airvida should be cleaned once a week or more if the region has inferior air quality.
10. Is the ozone that comes from Airvida while generating ions harmful to human?
The ozone density is fully tested by independent lab with an excellent result of only 0.006ppm (Airvida L1)/ 0.007ppm (Airvida M1 & C1); which is 8.3/ 7.1 times lower than the EU safety standard. Not only is the ozone density harmless, it’s also has a proven effect of air sterilization.
11. Will Airvida attract more air particles around its wearer?
Ion does not attract dusty or airborne particles. The mechanism of ionic air purifying is to capture the airborne particles and brings them to ground. On the other hand, there are natural environments that have high density of ion, such as waterfalls or forests, and these places are famous for fresh air, not polluted air.
12. Is it safe to wear Airvida with a cardiac pacemaker?
Airvida complies with CE certification of EU, meets the safety regulations of electronic products. However the user with a cardiac pacemaker should always consult a doctor for a permission before using any electronic devices.
13. Can I wear Airvida while sleeping?
Not suggestion. It’s suggested that putting Airvida on a nightstand & forwarding Airvida to user’s face while sleeping.
14. Why do I hear “beep-beep” from Airvida?
End user will hear a small noise when putting Airvida near the ear. When normally wearing Airvida, end user will not hear anything.
If an end user can hear noise when normally wearing Airvida, please follow the following steps.
(1) If there are a lot of particles in the air or the humidity is too high, it may cause some noise due to the particle collision.
(2) So clean the carbon fiber brush first.
(3) If the noise still exists for 3 consecutive days, send back for RMA process.
15. What is Airvida’s life span?
Airvida’s components can last for 5~10 years, except embedded Li-ion battery. If an end user uses Airvida every day, after 3 years, the battery capacity will drop to 70~80% (battery life becomes to 20~22 hours).
16. How long can I use on one charge?
It takes 2~3 hours to fully recharge.
(1) Airvida L1: 32 hours operation on one charge.
(2) Airvida M1/C1: 28 hours operation on one charge.
17. Negative ion amount.
Near carbon brush: 20 million+ ions/cm³.
15cm from carbon brush: 2 million+ ions/cm³.
(15cm is the distance between carbon brush and user’s nose/ mouth)
18. Is the ozone that comes from Airvida while generating ions harmful to human?
The ozone density is fully tested by independent lab with an excellent result of only 0.006ppm (5cm from Airvida L1)/ 0.007ppm (5cm from Airvida M1 & C1); which is 8.3/ 7.1 times lower than the EU safety standard.
In our daily life, ozone density is far higher than 0.006/ 0.007ppm. Refer to the following picture, even the best air quality level, the ozone density is still around 30ppb (0.03 ppm), 5 times to Airvida’s.
1. How do I confirm that Airvida L1 is functional ?
Turn on Airvida L1, press “ible” logo plate with your finger while moving the emitter close to your lip. You should feel a breeze coming out from the negative ion vent (carbon fiber brush). Airvida has a fan-less design; the breeze is coming from the fully operational ion generation.
2. Will wearing Airvida L1 cause any skin discomfort ?
The inner wrapping of Airvida is a mixture of natural rubber / silicone without any chemical painting and is safe for human wearing.
3. Does my neck size matter to wear Airvida L1 ?
Airvida L1 has a unique flexible bracket design to be adapted to various neckline under 34.5cm; the users of neckline larger than 34.5cm might feel the brackets.
1. How can I get the best performance from Airvida M1?
Wearing Airvida M1 with titanium necklace is the best way to deliver negative ions. In some formal occasions, you may wear M1 with collar clip as alternative solution. However certain materials of clothes may absorb negative ions and reduce the performance.
2. What is the best way to use Airvida M1?
a. Facing the carbon fiber brush to your breath way. The negative ion vent (carbon fiber brush) should not be covered by anything.
b. Remember to brush the carbon fiber brush with the cleaner in the package so as to remove pollutants on it regularly.
3. Can I use Airvida M1 as a table air purifier? Any limitation on that?
Airvida M1 can be used on a table standee air purifier. We suggest you putting Airvida M1 on a charging dock as charging cable is powered. To insure the best performance, it is suggested to adjust the negative ion vent toward your breath way within 30 cm.
4. How do I confirm that Airvida M1 is functional?
Put Airvida M1 on charging dock, press the bottom of charging dock with your finger while moving the negative ion vent (carbon fiber brush) close to your lip. You should feel a breeze coming out from the carbon fiber brush. Airvida M1 has a fan-less design; the breeze is coming from the fully operational ion generation.
5. Airvida M1 abnormal recharging issue.
(1) Recharging LED cannot be turn on
a. Make sure whether USB cable is well connected or not
b. If the USB cable is well connected but the issue is still not solved, change another USB cable to verify
c. If the above steps are done but the issue is still not solved -> RMA (free, replace from RMA spare unit)
(2) Recharging LED is always green light when out of battery & recharging
a. Clean the magnet on charging dock
(A) Recharging LED becomes red -> not abnormal
(B) Recharging LED still green -> RMA (free, replace from RMA spare unit)
(3) Recharging LED shows blinking red light -> RMA (free, replace from RMA spare unit)
(4) Recharging LED shows blinking red & green light
a. If that Airvida M1 is turn on, recharging, & near fully recharged -> not abnormal
b. Other situations -> RMA (free, replace from RMA spare unit)
6. Is the titanium necklace anti-allergy?
7. How to clean the necklace?
It is recommended to wipe with a clean damp cloth and then dry with a clean dry cloth. And if you want to remove odor, it is recommended to wipe with 75% rubbing alcohol and dry with a clean dry cloth. It is not recommended to clean Airvida directly with water.
8. How to clean Airvida M1?
(1) Necklace: wipe the necklace with 75% alcohol.
(2) Plastic case: wipe with soft cloth.
(3) Magnet: wipe with soft cloth.
(4) Necklace connector: wipe with soft cloth.
(5) Carbon fiber brush: brush cleaner in the package.
(6) Charging dock silicone case: wipe with wet cloth.
9. What’s Airvida M1 battery life span?
After 500 times of fully battery recharge, the battery life is 70~80% comparing to a new one.
10. Can I wear Airvida M1 while sporting?
Yes, but must make Airvida M1 dry soon after sporting.
11. If using a necklace, is it easy to drop during exercise?
For fitness or sports, you can wear the Airvida M1. If no outer force is applied to the necklace, there is no need to worry about Airvida dropping or coming loose. Because of sweat, follow-up maintenance will be very important. After exercising, it is recommended that you first wipe the magnet part of the machine and the titanium collar with a dry cloth with 75% rubbing alcohol before charging or storing.
12. Can I wear Airvida M1 while showering?
13. Can I wear Airvida M1 while sleeping?
Not suggestion. It’s suggested that putting Airvida M1 on charging dock, then putting on a nightstand & forwarding Airvida to user’s face while sleeping.
14. Can I wear Airvida M1 on a flight?
Yes, Airvida M1 doesn’t have wireless function.
15. Can I wear Airvida M1 on a raining day?
Airvida is not designed waterproof, contact of any liquid should be avoided. Drizzling is ok, but must make Airvida M1 dry soon once indoors.
16. Why does the charging indicator on the charging dock show blinking red light in the beginning of recharging?
If the input voltage is not very stable, the charging dock will show blinking red light in the beginning. It’s not abnormal and no need to worry.
1. The age for Airvida C1’s end user?
3+ years old is recommended. Airvida C1 applies FDA (Food and Drug Administration) certified silicone case. The FDA is a federal agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Service. As the result, the material is certificated by this agency to validate its anti-allergy and nontoxicity.
2. How to wear Airvida C1?
a. Press power button (right ear of Airvida C1) then the indicator light will come on.
b. Wearing Airvida C1 with its necklace. The facial side should face outwards with negative ion vent upwards.
3. How do I confirm that Airvida C1 is functional?
Turn on Airvida C1, press the necklace metal rings of the both sides with your fingers while moving the negative ion vent (carbon fiber brush) close to your lip (do not touch it). You should feel a breeze coming out from the carbon fiber brush. Airvida C1 has a fan-less design; the breeze is coming from the fully operational ion generation.
4. Will wearing Airvida C1 make my skin discomfort?
Airvida C1 applies FDA (Food and Drug Administration) certified silicone case to ensure your baby’s health. The FDA is a federal agency of the United States Department of Health and Human Service. As the result, the material is certificated by this agency to validate its anti-allergy and non-toxicity.
5. I have an allergy issue when using Airvida C1.
All the components used by Airvida are ROHS compliant. However, few people are more sensitive to ordinary people. If receiving this kind of case, end user can send back to us. We can clean & analyze for him.
6. How do I clean Airvida C1's silicone rubber case or necklace?
If wanting to remove sweat stains on Airvida C1, wipe Airvida C1 or its necklace with 45% ethanol.
7. How long is the necklace length?
40cm, suitable for the children with neck width below 32cm.
8. Airvida C1 broken necklace.
Follow the following steps.
(1) Make sure the end user using the necklace right way. (Not damaged by abuse behaviors, like twisting, biting by a dog, etc.)
(2) Does he/ she always turning the place necklace connected to Airvida C1?
(3) Turning the place necklace connected to Airvida C1 TOO OFTEN is not recommended.
(4) If an end user needs to replace the necklace, he/ she must turn the “connector”, instead of the necklace itself. Refer the user guide for more detail.